Your intranet underpins your people and organisational IP, it is the foundation for collaboration.
Intranets are private networks that are used within an organisation to share information and resources among its employees. They are typically accessed through a web browser and are typically used to store and share documents, facilitate communication, and provide access to internal applications.
Intranets matter to businesses for several reasons:
- Improved communication: Intranets provide a centralised location for employees to access important company information, including news, policies, and procedures. This can improve communication and collaboration within the organisation.
- Increased efficiency: Intranets can be used to automate processes and workflows, such as document approval and employee onboarding. This can help to streamline operations and improve efficiency.
- Enhanced knowledge sharing: Intranets can be used to share knowledge and best practices across the organisation. This can help to promote innovation and improve the quality of work.
- Better security: Intranets are typically protected by firewalls and other security measures, which can help to keep sensitive information secure.
- Cost-effective: Intranets can be more cost-effective than traditional communication methods, such as paper-based memos or face-to-face meetings.
Overall, intranets can play an important role in facilitating communication, collaboration, and efficiency within an organisation, which can lead to improved business performance and a competitive advantage in the marketplace.